What is Black Magic (Seher)?
Black Magic (seher) and its existence is confirmed by the Qur'an and Sunnah and is agreed upon by the scholars. It is a reality and a truth, and it affects a person only by Allah's will.
black magic is the branch of magic that is used to perform evil acts or that draws on malevolent powers
- Magic is a knot or spell that has effects on the heart and body
- It causes the heart or body to become sick
- It can kill a person
- It separates a man and his wife
- it destroys family ties
Magic was worked on the Prophet so that he began to fancy that he was doing a thing which he was not actually doing. One day he invoked (Allah) for a long period and then said, "I feel that Allah has inspired me as how to cure myself. Two persons came to me (in my dream) and sat, one by my head and the other by my feet. One of them asked the other, "What is the ailment of this man?" The other replied, 'He has been bewitched" The first asked, 'Who has bewitched him?' The other replied, 'Lubaid bin Al-A'sam.' The first one asked, 'What material has he used?' The other replied, 'A comb, the hair gathered on it, and the outer skin of the pollen of the male date-palm.' The first asked, 'Where is that?' The other replied, 'It is in the well of Dharwan.' " So, the Prophet went out towards the well and then returned and said to me on his return, "Its date-palms (the date-palms near the well) are like the heads of the devils." I asked, "Did you take out those things with which the magic was worked?" He said, "No, for I have been cured by Allah and I am afraid that this action may spread evil amongst the people." Later on the well was filled up with earth.
Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he used to think that he had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not (Sufyan said: That is the hardest kind of magic as it has such an effect)... (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 660)
It is clear from these hadith that:
- evil magic was worked on the prophet and he used to think that he was having sex with his wives when he wasn't.
- The magic did NOT affect the revelations being sent to the prophet from the angel Gabriel.
- The prophet himself was conscious of the fact that something was wrong.
- Prophet himself invoked (Allah) for a long period and then said, "I feel that Allah has inspired me as how to cure myself
- Allah sent two angels to the prophet in a dream who told the Prophet where to go to find the materials that were used.
- the prophet goes to the location, but he does not destroy the materials becuase Allah himself has cured the prophet Muhammad.
And Allah Knows Best!